The minimum installation option conserves hard
disk space and offers the following limited components:
- Internet Information Server - A Web server that uses TCP/IP to host Web sites on the corporate Intranet or the Internet.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service - Installs the necessary components to operate an FTP server.
- SMTP Service - Supports Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) - Provides the ability to custom design administration tools taht "snap-in". The MMC creates a uniform look and feel, regardless of the administration tool being used.
- Internet Service Manager snap-in - Offers complete control of your Web and FTP sites with a wizard driven graphical interface.
- Internet Service Manager (HTML) - Administers your Web and FTP sites from across the Intranet or Internet by using a Web browser.
- Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) - A transaction processing system for developing, deploying and managing distributed server applications. A transaction is a server operation that succeeds or fails as a whole, even if the operating system involves many steps. MTS also supports process isolation of applications.
- Microsoft Data Access Components - Eases use of databases with support for a variety of connections including Microsoft Active X Data Objects with Remote Data Service and OLEDB.
- Windows NT Option Pack Common Files - Core program files needed by all components.